Because we care
Thank you for considering Barefoot at Havelock resort for your next island holiday in India. Your trust allows us to offer the best Andaman experience uncompromised and at the same time, safe for you. We have always cared for our people – our staff, our community, and of course, our guests. So, it is only natural for us to have put together an enhanced set of protocols, beyond the government-mandated and international best practice guidelines, keeping people’s safety our top priority.
Our resort is designed with a generosity of space and with ample opportunities for blissful isolation in a serene setting, and we aim to make your stay as peaceful and worry-free as possible.
Barefoot is the only end to end service provider in Andamans. Thanks to our holistic offerings, such as our destination management company with a large fleet of cars at Port Blair and Havelock, our resorts, our fleet of boats for activities like scuba diving, snorkelling and fishing and our well-experienced, in-house team of instructors, guides and naturalists who are all housed on campus, we can provide you a complete holiday in a cocoon of safety. We have thought through your journey from the moment you land at the airport to almost every activity you wish to do on the island and ensured that we can provide the same safely and securely within our own network. So you can relax and enjoy a socially-distanced holiday, protected by our infrastructure and enhanced operating procedures.
- Land transfers in our own cars
- Contactless check-in
- Contactless housekeeping
- Private groups for activities
- Contactless food and beverage ordering
- Anywhere dining – in-room or outdoors
- Contactless billing and check-out
- All guests’ luggage is sanitised before being loaded in the car and before entering the resort premises
- Before each new check-in, deep cleaning of the room is done, and all linen is replaced with a fresh set
- Government-approved hospital-grade disinfectants are used to clean all surfaces
- Food procurement and handling is done with improved safety protocols covering all vendors in the chain
- Food preparation is conducted with elevated hygiene standards above and beyond those government-mandated
- Food service is thoughtfully done on a la carte basis and with no buffet to avoid cross-contact
- Distancing is maintained and protective gear is worn during all service events
- Our staff live in secure environments in and around the campus with limited to no external contact
- External-facing staff (e.g. those in procurement) do not enter the guest areas of the resort and maintain adequate distance and minimal contact with other staff while performing their duties
- We have incorporated daily protocols to monitor staff health, with daily thermal scanning and immediate testing and isolation for anyone showing even the slightest indicative symptoms
- Staff have been retrained to comply with the enhanced protocols
- Appropriate PPE has been issued for each staff member
- Only those guests who test negative on the mandatory rapid antigen test for COVID-19 conducted upon landing at the airport will be allowed to reach Havelock. Those who test positive must quarantine themselves in designated hotels at Port Blair
- At the resort, we mandatorily seek self-declaration of no symptoms and “safe” Aarogya Setu status from all our guests
- We conduct a daily thermal check to monitor the health of all our guests
- We provide assistance, following government protocols, for any symptomatic cases
- By ensuring the good health of each individual guest who enters the resort, we are ensuring a safe environment for all guests collectively
We look forward to welcoming you at our resort, and we promise to create a memorable experience in a secure environment where you can unplug and detach yourself from the stresses of our times, to emerge refreshed and rejuvenated.